While many are just getting over the season that is jolly, some are in the process of planning a winter move. At this time of year, it’s important to weigh up the pros and cons to ensure you’re prepared. Read the following pros and cons from Jersey Shore Moving to find out if you’re ready to move this winter season.
Pros of a Winter Move
- The time of year is less busy. Yes, we know this sounds crazy as wintertime tends to be one of the busiest times of year with Christmas and what not. But believe it or not, few people move during this period, so if you want to move home, it’s a great time to do so!
- Take advantage of the Christmas holidays. If you have kids, it’s usually a good time to move during the summer holidays. Many people, however, don’t consider moving during the winter holidays. This means that you don’t need to remove your kids from school!
- House competition is less. Again, because there are less people moving at this time of year, there is less competition when it comes to finding the perfect house. Winner!
Cons of a Winter Move
- Celebrations may need to take a back seat. Unfortunately, if you choose to move home during winter, you may not be able to celebrate Christmas and New Year as you would like. Packing, cleaning out and organization may take centre stage. But it’ll all be worth it in the end, right?
- The weather can affect travel. Because the winter brings bad weather with it, travel to and from your new home can be severely affected. Plan ahead with your moving company well in advance to discuss any travel issues that may arise.
Speak to Jersey Shore Moving
To find out more about moving during the wintertime, call us at 732-295-9988 today.